„There is no lack of information, but whether and how it can be used for business success - that is another story… “
Business Intelligence (BI) allows managers to gain insights into current business processes and enables them to make better and more accurate decisions.
Using BI enables a company to analyze data from all business sectors and gain transparency and control. Experienced Consultants from CBG will support the implementation processes to achieve these goals.
IBM Cognos 10
Top 10 Facts You Should Know About IBM Cognos Rel. 10 for Business Analytics
IBM Cognos 10 is the latest release in the business analytics lineup for IBM. The new solution boasts improvements and enhancements on most every level and integrates technologies from many IBM acquisitions. This announcement includes details on mobile analytics, real-time and collaborative business intelligence and more. This ENTERPRISE MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATES® (EMA™) Impact Brief covers the product release and details the top 10 things you should know about IBM Cognos 10.
IBM Strengthens Their Business Analytics Foundation with IBM Cognos 10
IBM’s dedication to business analytics is clearly visible in the latest release from IBM Cognos. When IBM acquired Cognos in 2007 they began to systematically move Cognos to the center of their analytics offering. Since 2006 IBM has invested $12 billion into 24 different companies in order to strengthen their position in the analytics space. Unlike some of their competitors, IBM continues to invest heavily in R&D enabling an aggressive innovation curve and a more agile upgrade schedule. The company expects to see significant growth in analytics and predicts that by 2015 it will produce $16 billion annually or 20% of IBM’s overall hardware, software and services revenue.
Top 10 Things You Should Know
1. IBM Cognos 10 delivers features and solutions for business intelligence, predictive and advanced analytics, financial, performance and strategy management, governance and compliance, and analytic applications.
2. Performance enhancements to IBM Cognos 10 Business Intelligence v10 make query performance 3X faster than Cognos 8
3. Built-in collaboration and social networking features include annotation at cell level, the ability to create decision communities, produce decision templates and capture lineage of decisions throughout the system.
4. Cognos Mobile is compatible with iPad, iPhone, Windows Mobile, Blackberry and Symbian platforms. The platform enables full interactivity with reports including drill-down, scheduling, etc.
5. SPSS Modeler and statistics are integrated into the platform providing predictive analysis and insights on Cognos 10 data delivered directly to your exiting analytic environment.
6. Cognos has completely revamped to the end-user workspace with a new tool called Business Insight, making it simpler and easier to use. It is designed for flexibility and is generally less cluttered than earlier releases.
7. The deep integration of TM1 functionality makes it easier for end users to leverage Cognos 10 data with the scenario analysis and enterprise planning functionality of TM1.8. IBM Cognos 10 is designed to make information more actionable. Cognos Business Insight enables users to explore data across all time trends including historical, real-time (with Cognos Real-Time Monitoring) and predictive (with SPSS) to make better decisions.
9. Update from Cognos 8 is seamless and includes lifecycle management tools to keep the old and new systems alive in parallel as you migrate, allowing for an iterative process instead of an all-at-once transition.
10. IBM Cognos 10 is an end-to-end enterprise solution, but it can be delivered to most any sized client with a well-defined growth path.